What is in the Design Communication curriculum?
The Design Technology curriculum has been designed to enable students to: -
- To combine skills with knowledge and understanding to design and make quality solutions/products
- Acquire knowledge, skills and understanding through:
- Analyzing and evaluating products and processes
- Engaging in focused tasks to develop and demonstrate techniques
- Engaging in strategies for developing ideas, planning and producing products
- Consistently practice proper safety procedures when using materials, tools and machines, understanding potential hazards.
- Acquire and apply knowledge and understanding of:
- Product design and market influences
- Classification and selection of materials and components
- Preparing, processing and finishing components and materials
- Manufacturing commercial products
- Design Development
- Production planning and making
- Communication and product evaluation
- Critique and analyze ideas, techniques and expressive qualities conveyed in ones’ own project work, work of classmates, and historical pieces.