What is in the Design Technology 2 Curriculum?
The Design Technology curriculum has been designed to enable students to: -
- Make decisions, consider sustainability and combine skills with knowledge and understanding in order to design and make quality products,
- Explore ways in which aesthetic, technical, economic, environmental, ethical and social dimensions interact to shape designing and making,
- Analyze existing products and produce practical solutions to needs, wants and opportunities, recognizing their impact on quality of life,
- Develop decision-making skills through individual and collaborative working,
- Develop skills of creativity and critical analysis through making links between the principles of good design, existing solutions and technological knowledge,
- Critique and analyze ideas, techniques and expressive qualities conveyed in ones’ own project work and work of classmates.