Skip to content
Developing Your Floor Plan
- Now that you have an estimation for the minimum meter square needed for each room, you now need to plan out how these rooms are positioned in your house.
- Start by deciding where in the world/type of climate that your house will be situated,
- Using your research, look at the general house shape that is suitable for your chosen location/climate,
- Using your minimum room dimensions (scale 1cm = 0.5M), cut out each room shape using the grid paper.
- Position these grid paper ‘rooms’ in positions that you feel would allow a good ‘flow’ and feel inside the house.
- Once you have developed an idea – give an indication of where the doors (inside & out) and windows are,
- Show in which direction NORTH is – reflect on your research about where the sun rises/sets, and how the house should shade or utilize the sun at different times in the day.