Using the internet, find some images of houses from differing climates that appeal to you and that you think could influence your design. Try searching through estate agent websites for houses that are currently for sale). For each example, make note of:
- The estimated location in the world and the climate it is in (the high/low temperatures, the seasons that it endures, etc)
- The shape of the building and number of sides/faces.
- The number of levels in the house
- The size of the house…how many people could live there?
- Amount of windows & doors to the property – why do you think this is? Are they of a uniform size/shape? Are they on all sides to the house?
- Angle of the roof (high/medium/low pitch) & why is it like this?
- What you like about the design and why it is appropriate for the climate.