What will I be Learning?
In this unit the students will learn to use a variety of drawing tools, skills and techniques that will enable them to better express their thoughts and ideas visually.
By the end of this unit, students will be able to:
- Draw using Single Point Perspective,
- Draw using Two Point Perspective,
- Draw using Oblique Projection,
- Draw using Isometric Projection,
- Add emphasis to a 3D drawing using Thick & Thin Lines,
- Draw using Third Angle Orthographic Projection,
- Understand the purpose of Logos,
- Design a logo that is a representative of them.
How will I know what I have learnt?
You will have submitted work for each of the 6 stages in the Design Cycle. Please see this document for when each stage ends and the next begins.
How will I be Learning?
This document outlines the sequence of activities that you will follow for the whole year. You will be learning by producing a design portfolio and also by getting 'hands on', practical experience of using the tools and machines to manufacture the product that you design.
What Resources will I need to support my learning?
All of the resources that you need are provided for you. Just turn up to class with a pair of shoes that cover your feet completely, a fresh and open mind and be ready to be creative and have fun.